HOME Life, Scholarship

Life, Scholarship

Student Affairs Section

Counter Services


How to get to Kagoshima University?

From Kagoshima Airport to Kagoshima central station
Airport limousine bus, fee: 1,250yen, time: 50minutes

From Kagoshima Central Station to Kagoshima University
City bus #11, fee: 190yen, time: 15minutes
*Get off at the bus stop of Taiikukan-mae

The classes will be held at Korimoto and Shimoarata campus. Korimoto and Shimoarata campus is located just a 20minutes walking distance. It is convenient to use a bicycle to move.
If you want to commute by vehicle or motorcycle, please contact to student affairs section.

Exemption from entrance fees

The entrance fee exemption is a system to exempt you from the total or half price of the tuition that you should pay when you entrance. Subject student is selected based on the application of the person for students corresponding to any of the following.

Exemption from tuition fees

You need to request for application of “Exemption of tuition fees”, then submit with required documents to Student affairs section at the time of the beginning of April.


Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) pays the scholarship.
The monthly stipend in academic year 2015 was approximately ¥143,000 to ¥145,000 for graduate students and ¥117,000 for undergraduate students.

Scholarships for Privately Financed International Students
Public organizations, non-government organizations and companies, as well as the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), offer scholarships for privately financed international students. Registration is required to apply for scholarships through the University. In principle, registration takes place in April (or in October for enrollments in the second semester). After registration, students are given priority for scholarships based on their academic records. Priority candidates are placed at the top of the list and these students are recommended by the University for scholarships. Both the number of such scholarships and the amount of money dispersed are extremely limited.

International Residence Hall

The International Residence Hall provides international students and exchange researchers with comfortable accommodation at the University. Since the residence hall has a limited number of rooms, MEXT scholarship students may be admitted to live for only half a year and other students for 1 year.
Six tutors are currently assigned to the residence hall to give residents advice and tips about living in Japan.


If you develop a mild illness, go to the University Health Service Center, which provides free services for Kagoshima University students. If necessary, staff at the Health Service Center will direct you to a specialist hospital. If you have joined the National Health Insurance scheme, your payment for medical care and drugs will be only 30% of the total cost. In addition, it is recommended that you purchase additional medical insurance before or after you move to Japan to cover extra costs for hospitalization and medical treatment. Please make sure that you take care of your health and take advantage of the regular health examinations offered by the University.

Consultation for student

You may occasionally face a difficult matter during the student life. Solution may become difficult when you leave the matter. If you fall into such a situation, please use a system show below.

Advice instructor teacher
There is an advice instructor system in the Faculty of Fisheries and you can ask advice about student life including course registration. For the first grade undergraduate students, one advice teacher is in charge of approximately ten students. From a second grade to a third grade, there are teacher in each field of education. At the fourth grade students, instructor of the graduation research will be in charge of it.

Page Top